2020 Dressage Test Changes
2020 FEI Test Changes
FEI has announced updates/additions to the following groups of tests. The changes are significant enough they change the diagrams and scoring on one or more tests.
- FEI Seniors tests (updates)
- FEI Children tests (updates)
- FEI Young Horses Grand Prix (addition - for National Competition)
- FEI Eventing tests
Judges and riders FEI test books affected have been updated to the 2020 edition to include these changes and are available for purchase.
2020 WDAA Test Changes
WDAA has announced the following additions to their tests in 2020:
- Seven Western Exceptional Rider Tests for handicapped riders similar to the lowest level of the FEI Para Equestrian tests. These tests will not count toward points and no handicap classification is needed for riders of these tests.
The following WDAA test changes were cut in as a running change so any book purchased after the change date has the change.
– Under Collective Marks, changed the Header from “Errors” to “Remarks” in every non-freestyle test.
– Level 1 Test 3; Changed movement # 7 and 11 to reflect 3-5 strides of jog, rather than 2-3 strides of jog.
– Level 4 Test 4; Changed movement # 9 to reflect “slight right flexion” rather than “slight left flexion”.
– Level 2 Test 4; Changed movement # 10 to reflect “slight right flexion” rather than “slight left flexion”.
– Level 4 ALL Tests; Removed “All jog work must be ridden sitting”.
-All Level 1 Tests, changed “The working jog must be ridden sitting.” to “The working jog may be ridden sitting.”
- Level 1, Freestyle allowed ride time changed from 5:00 min to 5:30 min